Prime Minister Scott Morrison was captured in what was described as an embarrassing but dangerous video on social media.
Mr Morrison was visiting a building site last month and had received permission to use a miter saw.
He can be seen starting the jigsaw and continuing to cut a piece of wood – without wearing the proper personal protective equipment.
– Australia understands that the workplace manager told Mr Morrison that PPE was not required.
The video which was posted on TikTok has already received 2.9 million views.
Scott Morrison (pictured) can be seen starting the jigsaw without wearing the proper personal protective equipment.
Scott Morrison (pictured) has been slammed for his lack of security in the TikTok video which has had 2.9 million views
His lack of PPE and proper training to operate the machine generated a wide range of comments as a result.
One person said he was “surprised he didn’t cut his finger”.
While another said, “It actually terrifies me to see him do this stuff. »
Victoria State Government PPE requirements when using a jigsaw
- Facial mask
- Eye protection
- Appropriate footwear
- Ear protection
- Protective clothing
This isn’t the first time Scott Morrison has made an embarrassing mistake while stepping on the tools.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison ran into danger when he lifted the safety mask covering his eyes as he unleashed a blinding flash from a welding torch.
The PM wore a regulation welding safety visor during a visit to a workshop in Alice Springs.
But he lifted the hard hat moments before he touched the fiery arc of the welding torch to a metal beam.
His face lit up with the intense white light of the burning flame, which should only be seen from behind the specially darkened screen.
The video showed a viewer desperately trying to get the mask off, but couldn’t do it in time when the 6000C spark erupted in his face.
The Prime Minister donned PPE, including a safety visor, during a visit to a workshop in Alice Springs, but lifted the mask as he touched the fiery arc of a welding torch to a metal beam.
Seconds earlier, Morrison had happily traded with him “I’ve done this before, in the Hunter”
Seconds earlier, Morrison had happily assured the exchange with him, “I’ve done this before, in the Hunter. »
‘On the tools again!’ he added.
Eye injuries from burns are a huge risk in welding and precautions to avoid them are taken very seriously.
On social networks, the prime minister’s detractors jumped at the chance to pile in.
“Stupid, dangerous and probably illegal,” Lynne tweeted.