Ricky Martin breaks silence on nephew’s sex allegations | Ents & Arts News

Ricky Martin has spoken out for the first time since a case in which his nephew claimed he had sex with the singer and was later harassed by him was dropped.

In a two-minute video obtained by TMZ, Martin called the allegations “painful” and “devastating.”

Sitting on a sofa and wearing a suit and tie, Martin, 50, said: “I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk to start my healing process.”

He said he was not allowed to speak publicly until the case was resolved.

Martin went on to speak directly to his 21-year-old nephew: “I’m glad these claims turned out to be wrong, but I’ll tell you the truth, it’s been so painful – it’s been devastating for me, for my life. family, for my friends. I don’t wish that on anyone.

He continued: “To the person who said this nonsense, I wish him the best and I hope he finds help so he can start a new life filled with love, truth and joy. , and that it does not hurt anyone else.

“Now my priority is healing…with music. I can’t wait to be back on stage. I can’t wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertaining is what I do best.”

Martin also posted a similar video at the same time, speaking in Spanish.

Thursday, restraining order against Livin’ La Vida Loca singer lifted by a court in Puerto Rico. Martin appeared at the hearing remotely from Los Angeles.

The interim order had been obtained by his nephew, following a domestic violence complaint in which he said he feared for his safety because Martin had refused to accept his decision to end a romantic relationship, and continued to call him and strolled past his house.

After the case was closed, Martin tweeted “truth prevails.”

He also included a statement from his legal team, which read: “The accuser has confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the case was his own, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser has confirmed that he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.

“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case.

“It was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to back them up. We are happy that our client has seen justice and can now move forward with his life and career.”

The name of Martin’s nephew has been removed from the documents, but reps for the pop star confirmed who it was after rumors swirled online last week. He has not spoken publicly about the allegations.

Earlier this month, Martin denied all accusations against him on Twitter, saying they were “completely untrue”.

Martin will perform Friday and Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

The singer has been married to Syrian-Swedish painter Jwan Yosef since 2017, and the couple live in the northern coastal town of Dorado in Puerto Rico with their two children.

Leave a Comment