A surprise U-turn by Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin III put a revamped “Build Back Better” plan back on the table. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman, Lindsey McPherson and Laura Weiss examine the twist of fate and the challenges facing Democrats in trying to push through the measure. They also discuss microchipping legislation and benefits for veterans and recent postings.
- Manchin and Schumer reach agreement on climate, health and tax measures
- Manchin: Deal tax increases won’t hurt businesses, will raise prices
- Senate Democrats act on fiscal year 2023 appropriations
- Clean energy tax package undergoes substantial changes
- ‘Chips and Science’ bill on its way to Biden’s office
- Veterans Toxic Exposure Bill Delayed as Closure Attempt Rejected
Joe Manchin’s post 180 appeared first on Roll Call.
The post 180 by Joe Manchin appeared first on Les Actualites.